Fox has revealed its official merchandise line for the film Alita: Battle Angel. The live-action adaptation of Yukito Kishiro’s manga series has been in the works for several years, with Titanic and Avatar filmmaker James Cameron spearheading the charge. Cameron, who wrote the Alita screenplay with Laeta Kalogridis (Terminator Genisys), originally planned on directing the movie, but ultimately passed it on to Sin City helmsman Robert Rodriguez instead. The film is now set to open in theaters next February.
Rosa Salazar (The Maze Runner trilogy) stars in the film as Alita, a cyborg who is found in a scrapyard and put back together by the kindly Dr. Dyson Ido (Christoph Waltz). Keean Johnson (Nashville) costars as Hugo, a young man who helps Alita as she sets out learn about her past and find her place in the futuristic world of Iron City. With less than two months left until the movie hits theaters, Fox has begun its next phase of marketing.
It’s all the more fitting the studio has unveiled its Alita merchandise today, seeing as the film was originally dated to hit theaters this weekend, before it moved back to early 2019. Here’s a photo of the Alita goodies that fans can pick up, followed by a detailed rundown:
- Funko’s Alita Pop! figures. The collection has “multiple bodies of the film’s cyborg heroine”, including Alita Motorball Body, Alita Doll Body and the Alita Berserker Body. The Alita Black & White Berserker Body Funko Pop! is also available exclusively at FYE stores and online.
- Weta Workshop’s Alita MINI EPICS line, which includes figures for Alita, Dr. Ido, and the cyborg Zapan (Ed Skrein in the film). Weta also has a 1:1 scale cosplay prop replica of the film’s Damascus Blade available for purchase.
- Hot Toys is set to release a Sixth Scale Figure based on Alita in her Berserker Body. The figure includes “interchangeable hands, a Damascus Blade weapon and a detailed display stand”.
- Prime 1 Studio has an Alita Berserker Quarter Scale Statue available for pre-order soon. The statue’s prototype was revealed earlier this year at San Diego Comic-Con and includes “multiple interchangeable arms and the ability to change Alita’s expressions”.
- Rubie’s will release Alita-inspired cosplay outfits in 2019, including the Alita Doll Body Costume ($50), Alita Berserker Costume ($50), and an Alita Wig ($30) and sword ($15). Rubie’s Grand Heritage collection will also offer an enhanced Alita Doll Body ($150) and Alita Berserker costume ($150).
- Titan will be publishing several Alita: Battle Angel books, including a novelization of the film, prequel story, making-of book, and an in-world character journal. Prequel novel Alita: Battle Angel – Iron City is now available. Other releases include Dr. Ido’s Journal, Alita: Battle Angel: The Art and Making of the Movie, and The Official Movie Novelization of Alita: Battle Angel (which hits shelves on February 19, 2019).
- Loot Crate will be highlighting Alita: Battle Angel across its various selection boxes, with items that include an exclusive Alita Motorball figure, an Alita Berserker figure, an Alita Doll Body enamel pin, a Black & White Alita Motorball variant figure, and Alita leggings.
Source: 20th Century Fox